Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Week 7 Accomplishments


One significant accomplishment this week was that Travis was able to get Twitter & Facebook posting functionality working. We can now accurately say that our app is 'social'. I ran builds to test them out on my device and both are working now! Great work, Travis!

What I did this week was focus some more on the bugs still appearing in Level 4. A couple of the fixes I added this week were:

- When the player is killed on Level 4, the enemy planes continue to fly across the screen. The cause of this problem was the fact that the "drawEnemyWave" event was not being removed. I added a removeEventListener function to resolve this.

- The enemy planes were still remaining on the screen when the end of Level 4 was reached. This was a simple fix. The problem was simply due to the planes not being removed. I added the following code to resolve this:

    for i = enemyGroup.numChildren,1,-1 do
            local child = enemyGroup[i]
            child.parent:remove( child )
            child = nil
    end

Also, I was getting an error this week that points to the json.lua file. Specifically, the following error was appearing, which referred to line 309 of our json.lua file (in method decode_scanString):

base.assert(stringEval, 'Failed to load string [ ' .. stringValue .. '] in JSON4Lua.decode_scanString at position ' .. startPos .. ' : ' .. endPos)

This ended up being an issue with the Twitter code we had in the game.

One topic of discussion in our Saturday meeting this week was the question of whether an android package file (.apk) can be unpacked into the source code that was used to build it. I will do some research into this to see what I can find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment