Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Forward Movement


This week (week 6) I finally added the forward movement in the accelerometer that I had meant to get to a while back. I also fixed the warnings that were being thrown when playing the game on a device (i.e., using the accelerometer). In addition, I was able to fix a few bugs that were appearing in Level 4: 1) a single collision no longer kills the player, 2) the healthbar now gets incremented when the player is hit, and 3) the pause button now pauses all elements on the screen (previously it was not pausing the enemy planes or the generation of enemy bullets).

In this week's Saturday group call, we talked about trying to find a Corona and/or Lua debugger. One of the tools discussed is a debugger called "Lua Glider". I downloaded it and installed it on my mac, but was running into problems when trying to run it. When I start it up it says "Background scanning of projects..." and, according to the display, the process is stuck on 92% and does not advance past that. So far, I have not gotten the software working on my mac. I will plan to download it on windows partition and see if it works better there.

Another thing we did this week was start putting together our PowerPoint presentation to prepare for the demo coming up next week. Going forward from now, we plan to focus mainly on what additional features we hope to be able to add to the game between now and then. We also have some bugs that still need to be fixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment