Sunday, March 3, 2013

TBowers Week 8 Report

What I've liked about our team is we all come from diverse, yet similar, backgrounds. We mesh really well and I've come to really respect and appreciate the opinion of everyone on the team. Yet it still feels like we're nearing the end. At least so much as the class is concerned. We've already discussed how we can continue the work of the team beyond the scope of DePaul. Subsequently, I researched some alternative source hosting options and ultimately created a repository for us at BitBucket. When this course is over, we will migrate our source to them for private hosting and continued work (which will be nice).

I also have been working on being able to demo the final to the class. We need to be able to demo a native build on an Android device in order to show functionality that isn't available in the simulator - in particular  the method in which we've integrated Twitter and Facebook. I think I have a solution, whereby I use a desktop application to remote debug a Nexus 7 that allows me to pull screen images off at a decent frame rate.

First I had to download the driver for the Nexus 7 from Asus. Then, I had to enable USB Debugging on the device through a weird (though neat) little technique where you go into the Settings and About info and tap the build number 7 times; enabling a developer settings menu. Then, I ran Droid@Screen, to get this image.




Like I mentioned, the frame rate isn't stellar but it works. I've also been trying to get MyMobiler to work which seems to offer a better experience but I have yet to get it working.


No comments:

Post a Comment