Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Bug Fixes


In our usual Saturday group call this week (3/2), we discussed, among other things, our plan going forward. Since there are only a couple weeks left until our final demo, we plan at this point to work mainly on bug fixes. It was also mentioned that we should plan to do regression testing any time we make changes in order to monitor closely for any unintended repercussions of our bug fixing. We all agreed that we don't want to introduce any significant new features that could potentially cause issues.

A couple of the remaining bugs that we discussed which I hope to resolve this week are:

- The bullets rotate when the player ship rotates. I'll look through the code to see if I can pinpoint why (and where in the code) this is happening.
- On level 4, when an enemy bullet collides with an enemy ship, the bullet rotates. I plan to resolve this by adding a fix so that enemy bullets do not actually collide with enemy ships.
- Multiple healthbars appear, one on top of another.

Something else I would like to work on this week if time allows is to try to improve the explosion effects. However, depending on how long it takes for me to fix the bugs I have outlined, I may not have time to work on this task. I also will get started this week on my final individual write-up (the summary of my individual contributions).

No comments:

Post a Comment