Saturday, February 2, 2013

The Twitter "Developer" experience


Well, integrating Twitter into FoF is going better than the Facebook experiment.  Registering an app with the service went rather smoothly.  They didn't ask for any invasive personal information like FB did.  The only thing that was required was to have a Twitter account, which I did not want, but I made one anyway for this class and will delete afterwards.

I received my consumerKey and consumerSecret numbers rather quickly.

Once those were in hand I added code to our game that would take care of connecting to Twitter, authorizing the app and posting a "tweet" containing the players high score and level achieved.  The code came from a freely available library obtained on the 'Net whose specific purpose is to do all the Twitter "stuff".  Sweet, Right?

I have yet to get it to work :-(

I have nothing else to blog about today as I am busy messing around with this task.  I hope yo have actual results soon.

-E

No comments:

Post a Comment