Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Advanced enemy movement

I've been hell-bent on getting some really cool advanced enemy movement patterns written for our game.  I was truly happy when Lee found a Corona SDK demo showing how this is done with Bezier curves.  Essentially you draw an invisible (or fully transparent) Bezier Curve on screen and write methods to have each enemy plane "follow" that curve from beginning to end.  This didn't sound too bad.  So I thought I'd give it a go.

Yeah right.

The author of the demo, as well as several others that I have subsequently found, never give the full demo source code, nor do they explain the intricacies involved.  It seems as though these authors are using their demos as part of their online portfolios for potential employers to peruse.

John has been coming up with some good standard linear movement patterns that will have to do for now, given the time constraints of the project.  I want to focus on the team delivering a fully playable bug free app.  The bells and whistles can wait till later when we continue to develop the app outside of class.

No comments:

Post a Comment