Saturday, February 2, 2013

Flight paths

Well, I continue to plug away at the twitter thing.  It turned out that it was making calls to other libs that were not included and I had to hunt them down.

It still doesn't work, but I'm at least a step or two closer.

In the mean time I have also been investigating advanced enemy flight paths.  It seems the most common way is to draw an invisible bezier curve on the screen and have the enemy ships "follow" the path.  Ok, how do we do that in Lua on the Corona SDK?  I have no idea (yet).  There are quite a few game authors out there who have managed to do this very thing in Corona SDK and they are very quick to show off their efforts with cool YouTube videos of bezier curves and objects following the curve paths, etc...

But none of them has been forthcomming about HOW they did it.  No source code or even examples to be found.

I won't give up though.  If they can do it so can we...

No comments:

Post a Comment