Sunday, February 24, 2013

Guest Blog - Tom Resource

Hello gents, Lee’s spawn here to report my observations on the latest version of the project my dad showed to me. It is coming along rather nicely from the pre- pre- pre- alpha build I got to see after Christmas! I know I, realistically speaking, threw everything I could think of having to do with the shooter genre at you guys with a story tacked on to hold it together and am rather impressed with what you’ve managed to come up with so far. Along with that, I took a very “see what sticks” approach to the throwing, and having gotten a chance to test it out live on Pop Greffin’s Kindle, I got to see how those ideas are working and playing out in real time.

 Storyline wise, the only real concern I have is a clear differentiation between the two opposing sides. This ties into gameplay, as the version I was using didn’t allow a clear choice and kept forcing me to fight against the British. This is tempered, of course, with the realization that there is still a bit of work to do on this extreme coding adventure of yours, but I really worry from a consumer point of view that instead of buying a game with two different yet parallel storylines, they will essentially be the same. Then again, might also just be me and my big mouth running off into the sunset again.

Gameplay wise, the one feature I am really curious about is inclusion of some kind of limited-fire secondary weapons to add some variety to the normal tap-to-shoot gameplay. Again, having tried it out in real practice, I have no idea how ya’ll would go about implementing such a thing, but that was the only major concern I had in that area seeing as they were something of a value in the write-up I made for you.

Other than that, looks good and like a solid step forward. Lee’s spawn, out.

Resource Tom will be checking in from time to time to give pointers, observations, blah...

No comments:

Post a Comment