Sunday, October 14, 2012

Week 5 update

This week (I thought) was very productive.  As a team we added Trello as a project management tool.  SVN is in working order and everyone has successfully checked out the base code.  During our weekly meeting we solidified our direction a bit and I'm even more confident that we are all on the same page.

As for me, I spent more time getting to know not only the Lua language but the Corona framework.  I am overjoyed (but a bit overwhelmed) with the sheer amount of tutorials, free libraries and other sources available for Corona.  You really get the impression that a lot of people want Corona to succeed and that goes a long way to boosting my confidence not only in where Corona stands but in where it's going.

I found helper libs for many useful things that are common to game developement such as backgound scrolling, high score tracking (even between sessions), collision detection, etc...

most are available freely but some were commercial.  Still, even the "commercial" ones proved to inexpensive ( $0.99 - 9.99)

I also changed the players ship sprite and put in a new background image.


No comments:

Post a Comment