Sunday, October 7, 2012

TBowers Week 4 Report


This week was spent continuing to define our functional and non-functional requirements with the team. John brings excellent PM skills to the table and has helped us walk through identifying requirements and determining our scope. We have a basic milestones setup and a wealth of ideas in terms of game play and story. I think given this abundance, one of our challenges will be identifying what's realistic given our schedule but I think the complexity will start to flush itself out more as we each get a chance to code.

Among each other, I think we've settled nicely into using Skype for meeting, Google Groups for day to day communication, and Google Docs/Drive to hold our shared documents. Lee was kind enough to setup a Mantis instance online for use in bug tracking. There has also been an SVN server setup at DePaul for our use, though at the time of this writing I still cannot properly commit anything to it (I do not get prompted for credentials). I have reached out to the professor to ensure the server configuration is correct.

Overall I think things are progressing and the team is working well together. The idea is beginning to solidify and once the schedule and tools are fully in place, we can move from the planning phase to monitoring and control and the work.

Yay.

No comments:

Post a Comment