Sunday, November 11, 2012

TBowers Week 9 Report

Now that we have started to flush out more behavior in the three levels that we have, we are starting to experience the pitfalls of the current approach and do not want to end up with 20 levels that have a low level of cohesion and instead of components copied amongst each level's file. The break between quarters will hopefully give us a good opportunity to refactor some of the level design into a heir achy that makes sense with common components shared across. How to implement these sorts of OO practices that we for granted in Java or C# is what I spent a good part of this week researching. I picked up a new book to help me grasp some of the best practices which I think we've all started to realize are a moving target and subject to interpretation.

I spent the second half of this week creating our final presentation for the quarter. Then on Saturday, we had our meeting and collaborated on the presentation in real time (a credit to Google Docs). It was interesting to reflect on what we've done, the processes we've adhered to (or created), as well as discuss what's gone well and what hasn't. Overall I'm really happy with the quality of interaction and output from this team, I am glad we will be together again next quarter.

No comments:

Post a Comment