Thursday, January 17, 2013

TBowers Week 2 Report

Boy that went fast! Can't believe we are already in January and into the second quarter of the software studio. This past week I spent partially restoring functionality to our subversion server and catch up on tagging. In addition we have a great new custom tool for focused testing of features provided by James that was moved into its own branch for everyone to use.

I reviewed what we currently have on the docket in Trello, assigned myself to a player health bug where the meter doesn't show or function in all of the levels. This is the kind of thing we have to worry about when scaling out our game to the total number of levels and features we plan on delivering. Hopefully common elements such as the HUD, pause screen, etc. can abstracted away enough to be easily usable.

I've also assigned myself to a new feature to allow continuation of gameplay after game end. I am still investigating just where and how to integrate that feature. Hopefully with the storyboard framework that is in place, it won't be all that difficult.

Finally, I am working on my individual goals for the quarter as well as helping the team draft our team goals. There is a fair amount of work to do but after our success last quarter, I don't foresee the challenges being anything we cannot handle.

No comments:

Post a Comment